Vietnam's weather changes erratically, making many people, including children and adults, at risk of respiratory diseases such as nasal congestion, flu, sinusitis, and allergic rhinitis. At these times, nasal irrigation is an effective method to quickly improve health. NaTip nasal wash kit with super soft, antibacterial silicone head will be the perfect choice to help take care of the health of the whole family.
1. Use 0.9% physiological saline solution for cleaning the nose and throat. Extract physiological saline into NaTiP nasal irrigation device. (Figure 1)
2. Nasal washing position for adults:
Stand (or sit) slightly bent over at a 45-degree angle, facing the basin or sink. Place the silicone tip of the NaTIP nasal irrigation device on one side of the nostril so that the entire nostril is completely sealed. Slowly push the saline solution into the nostrils. Breathe normally through your mouth (or say Aaah...) and do not swallow.
3. Nasal washing position for children:
- Put the baby on the side: Pump the solution from one nostril to the other, after cleaning, turn the baby to lie on the other side.
- In case of holding and sitting: One person holds and holds the baby in a position so that the baby is always in a state of slightly leaning forward, avoiding the baby's back while pumping the solution into the nose.
The saline solution will overflow to the back of the nasal cavity, filling the nasal cavity and the flow of this solution thereby carrying mucus and unwanted secretions out through the remaining nostril. An amount of time of 2-4 seconds for a nasal spray is ideal depending on the degree of congestion, narrowing of the nasal passages or personal preference to avoid pumping too fast and hard.
-After completing one nasal irrigation, tilt left and right at the same time as gently blow out to clear the remaining fluid in the nose.
Repeat the above process with the other side of the nose.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Always use physiological saline solution of 0.9% NaCL to wash the nose.
- Syringe volume depends on age or as recommended by the doctor:
+ Children from 6 months to 3 years old: use a 10ml tube to pump until there is no more dirty fluid
+ Children from 3 years old to 10 years old: use a 20ml tube to pump until there is no more dirty fluid
+ From 10 years old and older: use a 50ml tube to pump until there is no more dirty fluid
+ Clean the nose in a healthy state: 3 times a week.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
Separate the silicone head, cylinder tube and piston into 3 separate parts. Rinse with warm water, let dry and store in a clean, dry place. Can be soaked in hot water to disinfect.
1. This method should not be used in case of otitis media or severe nasal congestion.
2. Only use physiological saline solution meeting medical standards with a temperature close to or equal to human body temperature (about 37 degrees Celsius). Avoid using too cold or too hot saline solution will affect the health of the nose.
3. Consult your doctor before using other solutions to clean the nose.
4. Do not share this tool with more than one person.
5. Consult a doctor if condition worsens or does not improve
6. Saline solutions have the same salt content as the human body (0.9%) - this is called physiological (or isotonic) saline solution. So if you make your own physiological saline at home, it should be noted: The appropriate salt/water ratio of the saline solution is very important. If too much salt is used (hypertonic) or too little salt is used (hypotonic), a burning sensation or swelling of the mucous membranes may appear, worsening the health of the nose.